Followers

Monday 5 May 2014

Inspirational Post by Kym - May 2014

Hello it is Kym here and today it is my turn to show you an inspirational project for the Bearly Mine Inspiration and Challenge Blog.

I decided to make a decorated MDF heart which I have painted with Gesso and then a layer of blue acrylic paint.
   
   
I have then torn up pieces of blue papers from the Bearly Mine Mixed MediaPlain and SimpleSimply Stripes and Steampunk Fantasy 2.  I have kept the pieces ragged rather than use scissors.  I then watered down some PVA glue and coated the heart with a layer and then added pieces of the torn paper all over the heart making sure I mixed around the scraps of paper.  The heart was then thoroughly coated with the glue to make sure all the pieces stuck and then left for a few days to thoroughly dry.
The image I have used is called "Mermaid Marci" and is from La-La Land Crafts.  I have coloured the image in with my Graph'it pens and cut around the image.

The decorated wall hanging has been finished off with various die-cuts that have been highlighted with my Graph'it white pen, some raffia ribbon (painted with white Gesso), cheesecloth, shells, charms, lots of beads and some grosgrain ribbon.

I hope you have enjoyed my little inspirational post.

Keep popping back to see more inspiration from the Bearlymine Girls.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kym's, such a beautiful image coloured so beautifully and I love the background too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, myself and the team really do appreciate them.